Sunday, March 15, 2015

Admittance Card


It turns out that my invitation was only step one. I was to receive an Admittance Card! This card would be the item I would need to bring with me to the Cathedral and show anyone who asked.

To receive my Admittance Card, I would have to answer some security questions to make sure that I was safe to have around all of those people. Since I am a fairly open person with no deep dark secrets, I had no trouble providing the information to the Invitation Office.

On 11 March, I received a special package via Royal Mail. My Admittance Card had arrived!

Also included with the card was a letter welcoming me to the event, as well as explaining some simple rules. First, the attire. I was happy to read that I was on the right track with the black dress, and we are encouraged to wear hats, just as long as I don't wear a top hat. Easy enough.

We are not allowed to have a camera at all, and all cell phones must be OFF. No embarrassing ring tones during the ceremony, and definitely no use of camera phones. Okay, I can do that. The event will be televised and hopefully I will find links to post here for you. And sorry, no selfies of me and the Archbishop of Canterbury, at least not at this occasion.

There was some description of parking and traffic in the letter. This might be somewhat difficult to figure out. How do I get in and out of the Cathedral? It is likely to be very busy, with nearly 60 news/media organizations all parked in front of the Cathedral, and lots of onlookers who want to be nearby watching who goes in. That is a problem for another day, I suspect.

My main goal is to not forget this card. Wouldn't that be a disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment