Thursday, March 19, 2015

How Many Times Can I Pack My Suitcase?

What to bring besides The Outfit has been plaguing me this week. I have checked the weather several times and it looks like there will be cooler temperatures and more rain than I would like.

I had planned to bring a lighter weight fleece coat. It will be spring after all. Why do I still need the heavy winter coat rated for -40 below? That's just plain wrong.

Well, it is looking likely that I might need it after all, with temps predicted at freezing. I am planning to go to some outdoor places with wide open spaces. If the wind blows, I will be cold!

So, that means I have to figure out how to get the dress coat into the suitcase.

I had planned to use a newer duffle bag on wheels that I bought for my last trip to Alberta. I love it. It has pockets on the sides and isn't bigger than I am. Unfortunately, I can't get much stuff into it. And everybody keeps telling me to remember to leave room for all the souvenirs I will want to bring back home!

That leaves me one other choice, our biggest suitcase with the semi-broken zipper. I can get it open and closed, but sometimes it is not easy!

I repacked everything into it. Yes, I  can squeeze everything into it.


Not too much room for presents back home, but I will be reevaluating every sweater and shirt inside. I think I will even be able to get The Outfit in it for my trip back. I weighed it all. I'm up to 35 lbs. Still good, although getting on the heavy side for me.

Speaking of The Outfit, I had a lot of anxiety about keeping that one in the main suitcase. I had planned to put it in here, but then I thought, What if my luggage gets lost? I can always get other clothes, but I can't get another Outfit. 

I had planned to only take my laptop bag as a carry on. Now I decided that I had better find something that would fit both it and The Outfit. This is what I found:


This is a very small bag that can fit under a seat. I really like that it has a big front pocket that is the right size for my laptop and electronic stuff. The bigger main section is where I can fit The Outfit and any presents that I want to take over with me. It has a long telescopic handle and wheels that revolve easily.

I won't need to worry about moving both of them until I get to Heathrow, and then I will be taking them to the bus. 

I have two more days to repack everything again. I'm sure I will be doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment