Thursday, March 26, 2015

Today's the Day!

I got up really early this morning. Today is the big day. The burial of a King of England.

My outfit is all set out. I am going to freeze today. It is raining, not hard but drippy. They are promising sun later, but that probably won't help us feel less cold.


All of the roads around the Cathedral will be closed to traffic. This will make parking and finding my cousin afterwards trickier. Fortunately, I have been walking around the city centre, so I am not totally unfamiliar with the place.

I am feeling very nervous about the event. I don't know what to expect, and I like to feel more in control. Misadventures are fine for sometimes, but maybe not for this.

Here is a program of the order of service. The service should last about an hour.

I won't be able to take any photos, but I will try to post some pictures later of what was going on outside at the time. I'll let you know how it all goes.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you! Have the best time, can you get a shawl? I could have made you one... Why didn't we think of that! I thought it would be hot! Xox Teresa

    ReplyDelete